Welcome to Carlybird's Home, my Christian book review blog!

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Firefighter's New Family by Gail Gaymer Martin


About the book:

A tornado may have left Ashley Kern injured beneath a fallen tree, but it’s her rescuer who plays havoc with her emotions. Firefighter Devon Murphy is everything the single mom could wish for in a husband: handsome, a doting father and ready to join his family to hers. But how can the pretty war widow make a life once more with a man whose career is full of danger? Devon has fought some pretty big battles in his life, but can he help Ashley conquer her fears and show her the safest place of all is in his arms?


My review of The Firefighter's New Family:

It’s funny sometimes the way God works.  Two neighbors who were meant to be together are finally brought together by a terrible storm.  We may never have such a dramatic experience like this in our own lives, but it is amazing how God brings us through the storms in life and if we allow ourselves, we come out on the other end very blessed.  That is what I took away from The Firefighter’s New Family.  While I really enjoyed the story, as I always do, I enjoyed the comforting message that Gail has delivered in such a beautiful way.

One of the things that Gail’s books always allow me to do is to really think about God’s love for His children.  Even when it looks like things will never be good again, God proves to us that it will be and sometimes even better.

I have been reading Gail’s books for a few years now and I have been noticing that each book seems to have more depth than the one before.  The romance and love stories are always nice, simple stories, but the message is deep and that makes for a terrific combination.  Ashley and Devon were such likable characters, but I really felt like their children stole the show.  They made for a nice family with a lot of warmth.  I think Gail must love children because they are always so charming her in stories.

If you are looking for a nice, simple love story, The Firefighter’s New Family is the book you are looking for.  If you want an excellent Christian message that will fill you with the comfort of God’s love, this book is also the book you are looking for.  I love all of Gail’s books and I love to see that her books keep getting better and better.  We still have one more book in this series and I can’t wait to read it.  I can’t wait to see new love blossom and to see more of God’s love in action.


For more information about this book and to read an excerpt, visit Gail's website.



This book was provided for review by the author.

1 comment:

Gail Gaymer Martin said...

Carly - As always thanks for the lovely review. I'm always pleased with your honesty and naturally that you enjoy my books. You've been a faithful fan and that means the world to me. Thank you for taking your time to review my novels. I'm sure you will have the opportunity to review Rescued By The Firefighter which is the next book in the series.