Welcome to Carlybird's Home, my Christian book review blog!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

With Autumn's Return by Amanda Cabot


About the book:

She's planning on instant success. She didn't plan on love.

When Elizabeth Harding arrives in Cheyenne to open her medical practice, she is confident that the future is as bright as the warm Wyoming sun. Certain she'll have a line of patients eager for her services, she soon discovers the town may not welcome a new physician--especially a lady doctor. Even Jason Nordling, the handsome young attorney next door, seems to disapprove of her chosen profession.

When a web of deceit among Cheyenne's wealthiest residents threatens to catch Elizabeth and Jason in its snare, they must risk working together to save one of Elizabeth's patients--even if it means falling in love.


My review of With Autumn's Return:

I have loved every book by Amanda Cabot that I have read.  I recently had to purge a large portion of my book collection so I donated most of my books including every one of Amanda’s books.  I started reading With Autumn’s Return and I instantly regretted donating the Amanda’s other books.  I will not part ways with this book though.  I forget sometimes after reading a book just how much I enjoyed it and how I would rather keep it in my collection.  I really enjoyed this story mostly because it was unique.  Yes, it was a historical romance, not much unique about that, but the story of Elizabeth and Jason was unique and special.  It was not one I will forget anytime soon.  I loved the western feel and the setting in Wyoming.  I love going places in books that I have never been to in real life and I enjoyed visiting Wyoming in a different way from other books I have read.  There was also a nice dose of suspense in this romantic story.  I do love when authors do that as long as it is not overdone.  It was not overdone in this story, so it was a nice balance and compliment to the romance. 

I read in the back of this book that Amanda has a new contemporary romance series debuting this fall.  After reading several of her historical romances, I can’t wait to see what she offers to the contemporary romance genre.  Amanda has proven herself a reliable and diverse author.  With Autumn’s Return was as enjoyable for me as all of her previous books and I will miss the experience of the Westward Winds series.  



This book was provided for review by Revell.

1 comment:

Amanda Cabot said...

Carly -- Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. Needless to say, I'm delighted that you enjoyed Elizabeth and Jason's story and the whole Wyoming setting. My goal was to shatter some stereotypes about my new home, and judging by your reaction, I succeeded. Thanks for reassuring me. Of course I hope you'll like On Bluebonnet Lake and the other two Texas Crossroads books as much as my historicals.